EVI Racing is proud to present a detailed step by step shop project. This will be Stage 1 of the LSX WS7 project.
The car we will be using is a 2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6.
The power behind this beautiful '02 Trans Am WS6 is a GM Performance Parts LSX Motor.
This will be a pump gas motor and will eventually be a boosted motor on E85.
Details on the LSX Motor Build are below.
- Callies 4340 Crank / 3.62 Stroke
- 2" Rod Journals for weight reduction
- 6.200" H-Beam Long Callies Rods
- CP Pistons - Reverse Dome rather then Dish to help prevent detonation.
- Hellfire Rings
- Round Wire locks to keep them in place in case detonation does occur.
- 9.5:1 Compression
- ARP 2000 7/16" Rod bolts
- Coated Clevite H Bearings
- ET Performance LS7 Heads - 6 Bolt Pattern helps keep head gaskets sealed under boost or nitrous.
- 2.200 Titanium Intake Valves
- Inconel Exhaust Valves since this will be a boosted motor. Inconel is the best for dissipating heat.
- Cometic Head Gaskets - Stan believes these are the best head gaskets to prevent failure in high boost applications.
- 2" Kooks Long Tube Headers - The LS7 Heads are weak on the exhaust side flow. So anything to help here is very beneficial.
- LS7 Intake Manifold
- Jesel 1.8 Shaft Mounted Rockers. A Jesel Shaft Mounted Valve Train will help prevent frequent adjustments.
This motor will be capable of spinning over 8500 rpms & therefore solid roller lifters will be used.
This is the first part of EVI's LSX build. An announcement will be made on the main page when their are updates to the project.
Phase 1 2 3